The kiss of greenery in this dish is what I love the most. Fried potatoes tossed in green coriander leaves, serve as an excellent accompaniment with both rice and Indian flat breads. Just add that generous touch of coriander leaves, to give it a nice flavour and appearance. Ensure not let it remain for too long on the flame, as the green fresh look of the leaves tends to fade away…
- Potatoes – 3-4 large
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3-4 green chillies slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- A bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- Wash, peel and chop potatoes into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in pan and add the potatoes to it fry them till they turn slightly golden. Remove on tissue to absorb oil. Keep aside.
- Use the same pan, add little more oil and tip in the cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Then add the green chillies and potatoes and toss well.
- Add the spice powders and mix well to coat the potatoes.
- Cook on low flame tossing in intervals till potatoes are done.
- Just 2-3 minutes before removing from flame add the coriander leaves and toss gently.
- Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 35-40 minutes