Long strips of bhindi on the platter looked more appetizing, to my husband, than the slimy vegetable which is at times just boiled and served with pepper and salt for a healthy dish. Well tasty sometimes is not healthy too. The oil required, to toss these slices of lady’s finger in masala and onions, is quite a bit. Once in a way to pamper those taste buds would do no harm, is what we say to avoid that guilt coming in the way while indulging in good food.
- 500 gm lady’s finger/bhindi
- 2 large onions (slice lengthwise)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp amchoor powder
- Salt to taste
- A few coriander leaves
- Wash and dry wipe the bhindi with a clean cloth. Slit bhindi in four.
- Heat oil in pan and add the cumin seeds, splutter and then add the bhindi. Fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, amchoor powder, salt, red chilli powder and onions.
- Fry this well for few minutes and cover to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation Time: 25-30minutes