One of the 5 mother sauces, Allemande or German sauce is made by thickening veal veloute with egg yolks and heavy cream and is served with poached chicken, eggs vegetables or veal. So this thanksgiving perk up your table with Sauce Allemande that’ll seriously prove you a pro.
– Veal veloute: 2 cups
– Heavy Cream: 1 cup
– Egg yolks: 2
– Kosher Salt and pepper
– Lemon juice:1 tsp
How to prepare Allemande Sauce :
– In a thick sauce pan, boil the veal veloute until it has reduces in volume to half.
– In a bowl, beat together cream and egg yolk, the mixture what you get is called liaison.
– Slowly add hot veloute to this mixture and keep whisking until you have used up about a cup.
– Now add this mixture back into the sauce pan into the veloute.
– Let it gently simmer for a while
– Season with salt pepper and lemon juice.
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:20 Minutes
Total Time:25 Minutes