The goodness of dairy in the form of cottage cheese, adds a spongy and soft texture to this masala dish. If all set to explore another paneer and cream based recipe, this is the one you should be stirring right now. The ground puree sautéed with spice powders build up the perfect gravy base, to set afloat the soft paneer pieces. Then again, the generous contribution of flavour and texture from the fresh cream adds a boon to this dish, ‘Paneer Pasanda’.
- Cottage Cheese (paneer) 10-12 1-inch cubes
- Onion 1 large
- Tomatoes 3
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Garam masala 1 tsp (can also use whole spices for better taste)
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (kasuri methi) 1 tsp
- Fresh Cream 1/2 cup
- Grind onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic into puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and tip in the puree. Sauté well and add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Stir fry till the oil separates. Then add 1/2 a cup of water. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi, paneer cubes and cook on low flame for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream to this and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with chapatti/ roti/naan/paranthas.
Preparation Time: 35 mins
Note: Some do add milk to this recipe so if required include the same in the ingredients. This is the way I prepare this recipe. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.