Choley is a popular North Indian spicy dish made from Chick Peas. It’s usually served with a deep fried Indian bread called Bhaturey. It’s a common street food and is also served for breakfast in Indian households. However it also tastes good with rice or chapattis.
• 1 cup chick peas/garbanzo beans soaked overnight.
• 1tsp ginger garlic paste
• 1 tsp Cumin seeds
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 2 tbsp Cilantro
• 6-7 Mint leaves
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
• 2-3 Bay Leaves
• 2-3 Cloves
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 Medium-sized finely chopped onion
• 1 Big tomato
• 1 1/2 cup Water
• Salt to taste
• Half lemon
• Take 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker and heat it.
• Add cumin seeds and once it splutters add chopped onions and fry till it turns pink.
• Add ginger garlic paste, bay leaves and cloves and stir again.
• Add chopped tomato and let it cook.
• Now add the rest of ingredients including water except the cilantro, lemon and mint leaves.
• Pressure cook for 3-5 whistles will the chick peas are soft
• Garnish choley with coriander and mint leaves and lemon
Preparation time: 30 minutes.