This is a tasty and less time consuming recipe. The potatoes stir fried for a side dish is a favourite at my home. This does not need any other ingredients except your regular spice powders. When there is a ‘no-vegetable stock’ situation and your left with just a few potatoes, or even otherwise, this is the a simple and yummy side dish to relish with rotis or rice and papad.
Recipe for aloo sukha:
- 500 Gms potatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala/whole spice powder
- ½ tsp Amchoor powder/dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutter add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, whole spice powder and cumin powder. Stir for few second, ensure not to burn the masalas.
- Now put in chopped potato pieces and toss well in masala. Add little water, cover with lid and cook on low flame.
- Stir in between to ensure that the potatoes do not stick to the pan.
- When the potato is done, sprinkle amchoor powder/dry mango powder over it and stir fry for few minutes till it becomes dry and the potatoes look well fried.
- Serve hot as side dish for rotis or rice.
Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes