Healthy idlis stuffed with vegetables
- Rava: 2 cups
- Vermicilli: 2 cups
- Curd :2 1/2 cups(can add more if the batter becomes very thick and dry )
- Soda :A pinch
- Salt :1 tsp ( according to taste )
- Mustard seed :1 tsp
- Udad Dal :1 tsp
- Cashews:4-5 broken
- Raisins :Few
- Oil :2 tsp
- Hing :A pinch
- Ghee :2 tsp
- Green Chillies :2-3 finely chopped or grated
- Coriander leaves: 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves :Few
VEGETABLES AS UNDER:
- Peas: 1 cup;
- Finely chopped carrot: 1 cup
- Onion : 1 cup.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and roast rava till golden brown. Keep aside. Now roast vermicelli in another tsp ghee till golden brown. Allow it to cool a little.
- Take a wide mouth bowl. Put the roasted rava and vermicelli in it and add the curd and salt. Mix well and leave it undisturbed for 30 mins. Add more curd if the batter becomes dry or very thick.
- Heat a kadai and add 2 tsp oil for tempering. Add mustard seeds, udad dal. When the seeds splutter add curry leaves, green chillies, hing, broken cashews and raisins and saute a little.
- Now add all the vegetables in the same kadai and saute for a minute.
- Take off the kadai from the stove and add all these items in the batter. Add baking soda and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now grease the idli stand with oil and pour this batter in idli moulds and steam for 10-15 minutes as we do for normal idlis. Remove the idli from the idli moulds after 5 minutes.
- Tasty Vegetable Rava Vermicilli idli is ready to be served hot with sambhar or any chutney of your choice.
Recipe Contributed By:
Mrs Seethalakshmi Suresh
Time Taken: 20 minutes. Standing time: 30 minutes