“EAT HOT & TASTY”– Samruddhi
- 1 cup semolina (not too fine)
- 3-4 cashews broken
- 1 tsp. udad (black) dal
- 1/2 tsp. each cumin and mustard seeds
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 tsp. coriander chopped
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 onion chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2-3 cups boiling water
- few tomato slices
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Add the cashew, seeds, dal and fry on low till light golden.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves and onions. Stir and saute till the onions are pink.
- Add the the semolina and stir continuously till the semolina gives out a nice aroma.
- Takes about 7-8 minutes to roast the semolina on low.
- Add the salt and stir. Carefully pour in 2 cups boiling water and stir well.
- Use a long handled ladle for stirring to keep away from the spluttering.
- If it feels too dry , add more water and stir. Keep on low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ghee, lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
- Mould into a greased cup and unmould onto serving plate.
- Decorate with tomato slices.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time: 20 minutes