This Mangalorean raw jackfruit dish is very famous in Mangalore especially amongst the Konkani people
- Raw Jackfruit – 1/2
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilly (fried) – 6 to 7
- Tamarind – A little
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 strip
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut raw jackfruit into small pieces. Pressure cook them with little amount of water till 4 whistles. After the raw jackfruit pieces gets cooled add salt to taste and lightly smash the jackfruit pieces.
- Fry urad dal . Add coriander seeds and fry them. Keep it aside.
- Coarsly grind grated coconut, fried red chilliies,tamarind without adding water. Before removing the masala add fried urad dal and coriander seeds and grind again to complete the masala. Remove and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil. After it gets heated,add mustard seeds. When it crackles, add curry leaves, the ground masala and fry. Then add the lightly smashed raw jackfruit pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice and dal.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time Taken: 25 minutes