Pita (also called pitta or pita bread or Turkish bread) is a round flat wheat bread made with yeast. It is traditional in many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines and is believed to have originated in Ancient Greece.
- wheat Flour -2 cup
- Sugar -20gm
- Mixed herb-20 gm.
- Sieve flour
- Make a ferment with yeast, water and little sugar.
- Add the ferment into the dough and knead it to a smooth dough by adding oil and water as required.
- Keep it for proving
- Then divide the dough into required number of portion .
- Roll each portion into ovel shape add herbs to it
- Make the dough flat with hand or with rolling pin.then dock the dough and keep it for proving f0r 15 to 20 min.
- Bake the pita bread in pre heated oven at 200 degree for 15 to 20 min.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time: 50 minutes