Basically this is a sweet dish that belongs to our Rajasthan. And this is known as ‘rajasthan ki shan’ .
- 100 gms Moong Dal
- 200 gms Ghee
- 100 gms Sugar
- 1/2 glass Water
- 10 pieces Badam
- 5 pieces Pista
- Soak moong dal for two hours and then grind it and keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan and put the moong dal in it.
- Saute on low flame till it turns golden brown and leaves a distinct aroma. Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Heat water in a pan, add sugar and boil the mixture till sugar melts.
- Put the moong dal mixture in this sugar syrup and cook on a low flame till the dal and sugar blends well.
- Remove moong dal ka halwa from the flame and decorate it with chopped dry fruits. Serve.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time taken: 45 minutes