Kadhi is normaly made with besan but this kadhi is made with moong dal which gives it its USP!!
- 1½ cup Dhuli Moong dal
- 2 pinch of heeng
- 1/2 cup khatta Dahi (Curd)
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp methi dana (fenugreek seeds)
- 1/2 haldi
- 1 tsp or to taste Red chilly powder
- 2-3 green chilli
- 2 tsp Hara Dhaniya ( fresh coriander) – chop
- 1 tsp kali Sarso (Mustard seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp Ghee
1. Wash & soak the dal for 3-4 hours or overnight when you want to make kadhi in the morning. Strain it and grind in a grinder.
2. Now divide dal into two parts one part is 1/3rd or second is 3/4th.
3. 1/3rd part of dal add in dahi and beat them with mathani or in mixi and make a smooth batter.
4. Now heat 2 tbsp. ghee in a kadahi add methi dana and let it splutter.
5. Now add haldi and dal dahi mixture and 1 to 1½ glass of water or as per you need and add salt and after one boil turn the heat on medium flame and cook for 30-40 minutes.
6. In the mean time make pakories for kadhi.
7. Heat oil for deep frying.
8. Take a bowl add 3/4th part of dal and beat, if need then pour little water and make a smooth batter (neither too thick nor too lose like pakori batter) (when you beat the dal then it turns in white color that’s the sign of good batter). If you want then add little salt.
9. Now make a pakories in hot oil with the help of hand and fry pakories of small size to a golden brown color and remove from oil and dip in luke warm water it removes the excess oil from pakories if you did not add salt in pakori batter then add little salt in luke warm water.
10. Now remove the pakories from water and add in cooked kadhi and not stirring too much otherwise pakori can get broken and after one boil turn off the heat.
11. Now take a pan and heat 1 tsp ghee add heeng, jeera, kali sarso and let them splutter.
12. Add chopped green chilli and turn off the heat and if you want then add little garam masala powder.
13. Now pour the kadhi in serving dish and add this tadka on kadhi.
14. Serve hot it with Roti or Rice.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time Taken: 40 50 minutes