“A family favourite during Christmas that is made up of yummy chicken, creamy white sauce & soft macaroni!”–G A Kurien
- Chicken spares (wings, ribs, liver, neck, etc.) – of 1 chicken
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Ginger/garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Onions – 2 medium
- Salt to taste
- Macaroni – 200 gms
- Milk -1 lt.
- Cheese – 200 gms
- Egg – 1 no
- Pepper pwd. – 2tsp
- Flour – 3 Tbs
- Butter – 2 Tbs
- Capsicum – 1 no
- Grated cheese – 3 Tbs
- Cook the chicken with the sliced onions, ginger/ garlic paste, slit chillies and the salt.
- When cooked, dry it out on high flame. Remove the flesh off the bones. Remove the cooked green chillies and keep the mixture aside.
- Cook the macaroni in water with a little salt. Add oil on the top to keep the macaroni from sticking. When cooked, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter. When melted, add the flour and cook until golden and add the milk, stirring continuously ( to avoid lump formation).
- When this sauce thickens, add the cheese pieces and stir until it melts. Add the beaten egg and cook. Add pepper powder for flavouring. Add the macaroni to this sauce.
- Now add the chicken flakes mixture to this and mix well. Pour into a pie dish. Decorate with thinly sliced capsicum and the grated cheese. Bake, at 180*C, until the cheese on top has melted and browned.
Recipe Contributed By:
G A Kurien
Country Of Origin: Italy