An Italian dish, obviously, this recipe was improvised by my mother a bit- the result is a vegetarian dish, that’s totally slurrpable. Probably that is why she did that. We were carnivore kids. Or almost.
Check it out if you have kids who just doesn’t want to eat vegetables.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3rd cup vegetable stock/chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil. When hot, add in garlic, onion and sauté. Add in broth and cook till broth reaches a gravy consistency. Now, add in the tomatoes and stir.
- When tomatoes feel soft, add in mushrooms and white wine and cook.
- Sprinkle parmesan and enjoy.