Bandra! Alright, yeah, we got a soft spot for Bandra. The Mumbai Hoi Polloi lies prostrate in front of Hill Road, Link road, Pali Hill, Ban stand or actually any corner of Bandra, such is the charm of this majestic, sophisticated Mumbai suburb that holds the key to many a happy or depressed heart! With its glitterati, British houses, fabulous flea markets, famous bakeries, seaside corn on cobs, deprived lovers on ban-stand, the corner flower shop, Mount Mary’s, great bistros, good looking men and of course, pavs, Bandra literally makes us do anything!
Hence, this post of ours is dedicated to this area of acute user interest, Bandra, now that we have Bandra Fest in there too! Here we go with Pork Vindaloo, a delicious meat dish from Goa that’s made with Vin (from vinegar) and Ahlo (garlic in Portuguese) which takes you quite by the tongue!
- 1 Kg Pork
- 2 Big Onions
- Salt as per taste
- 15 Kashmiri Chillies,
- 4 – 6 Garlic flakes,
- 1″ Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons of Jeera,
- 1 and a 1/2″ Haldi,
- 1″ piece of Cinnamon
- 3 – 6 Peppers
- 3 – 6 Cloves
- Chop the pork pieces into smaller units, pat dry, sprinkle salt and keep.
- In a mixer, grind chilies with a little vinegar. Add all other spices and grind well.
- Mix in the spices with the pork and marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Chop a large onion and and make paste. Add this to the already marinated pork.
- In a wok, heat oil and and put the entire pork in it. At this point, add few peppercorns, cinnamon and a few cloves to it.
- Stir it for about 5-7 minutes, add water and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remember, your Vindaloo will only be of taste if you cook it slow.