The name is this chocolate dessert is a mouthful. This holiday goodie is melt in your mouth delicious too.You can add this fudge treat to your Christmas gift hamper. Decorate the cranberry white chocolate walnut fudge with fresh mint leaves and cranberries that bring to mind holly. To keep the color of the mint leaves, you can coat them with chilled simple syrup. Make note that this garnished fudge cannot be left in the refrigerator as the mint leaf decorations will turn black.
Recipe (for 3 pounds):
(Time taken: 25 minutes plus cooling, Serves 12 people)
- 1 teaspoon and 1/2 cup butter (separate)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 packet (about 12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow crème
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups walnut (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (roughly chopped)
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and butter the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Keep it aside for later.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir till the mixture turns into the consistency of a soft ball. Takes around 15 minutes. The candy thermometer should read 234°.
- Take away from the heat. Add in the chips, marshmallow crème and vanilla. Stir to make smooth.
- Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into the lined pan. Allow the fudge to stand at room temperature. The fudge needs to be left to cool for about 30 minutes.
- With the help of the foil, lift fudge out of the pan. Remove the foil and cut fudge into 1-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cranberry Walnut White Chocolate Fudge is not only a yummy dessert but it is also fairly easy to make. Even the colors of this fudge delight are representative of Christmas, making it the perfect holiday sweet.