Chocolate fondue with strawberries or marshmallows. Now can it get more romantic than this? Imagine yourself and your love sipping on a chocolate fondue recipe with a glass of champagne while you play a game (upto you!) Such chocolate valentine recipes definitely make for the ideal Valentine’s Day evening.
A Swiss dish, Fondue is basically melted cheese in a communal pot: dip your favorite vegetables with a long stemmed fork and slurp. Cheese Fondue is also the national dish of Switzerland. But today the term Fondue is generalized with pieces of fruit dipped in chocolate or fondue bourguignonne where meat is cooked in a communal pot full of hot oil and eaten.
Okay, enough talk. Let’s look at the…
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. Honey
- Evaporated milk
- Melt chocolate chips over medium heat in a fondue pot. Stir in honey.
- Add evaporated milk until mixture is desired consistency for dipping.
- Remember to keep chocolate warm or it will start solidifying.
- Serve with strawberries, cake cubes, marshmallows or for the healthy ones, Rice krispies.
Gosh! I can’t wait to get my hands on this one.. My Valentine had better be up for it.. Lest I get it all for myself.. (smiles). Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!