A cool and refreshing drink is welcome anytime to beat the heat and fatigue. ‘Aam Panna’ is known for its heat resistant properties. Made from raw mangoes, this healthy beverage quenches your thirst and also helps fight the intense summer heat. This drink is prepared with different variations in the recipe, though, its basic ingredients being raw mango and sugar. The taste of the drink depends on the sourness of the mango, and the quantity of sugar added for its sweetness.
- 1 raw mango
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp rock salt/kala namak powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- a pinch of cardamom powder
- Steam the raw mango and allow it to cool.
- De-skin and de seed and transfer the pulp into a blender.
- Tip in the sugar, cumin powder, rock salt, pepper powder and the cardamom powder.
- Blend well. Add water if required.
- Pour out the contents into a vessel. Bring it to boil on a slow flame while stirring continuously.
- Cool and store.
- Strain and serve it chilled with ice cubes and diluted with soda or water as and when required.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes