In winter our kitchen smells like heaven. It smells like warm breads, moist cakes and crunchy cookies. The wafts of warm cakes on the making filling the kitchen air; it’s a pleasure sitting around while the cake takes its size, texture and color. We fight over who will poke the skewer!
This is my mom’s recipe and the best chocolate cake in the world. I’m sure we all have our bests. This is mine.
- 3/4th cup butter
- 3 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup milk
- Now, now, ‘Mom’s’ have a unique way of cooking. It’s called the mom’s way.
- For all cakes, she mixes all the dry ingredients together and all the wet ingredients together, except for sugar that goes in the butter.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar. To this, add 4 egg yolks. Beat well.
- Add vanilla. Mix.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture slowly until it forms a creamy texture.
- To this, add the separated egg whites and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Grease a rectangular loaf pan or a pan of your choice. Pour in the cake batter and bake at 180 degree for 20 minutes or until a poked skewer comes out clean.
Serves: 8 if shared, One if you’re someone of my like!