Guacamole is perhaps one of the most iconic dishes from Mexico. This creamy dip made out of avocados has been dominating taste buds since 500 BC. Introduced by the Mayans and fit for the kings, guacamole is a perfect sauce that can add the extra punch to your daily meals. The guacamole and salsa vegetable wrap is a perfect weekend brunch recipe. First of all it is easy, and the grilled veggies give the wrap a unique smoky flavour making it delicious and most importantly healthy. Whoever said health food is an assault to your palette . well mister, I want my money back!
And yes dieters across the world, this dish is Vegan!
Guacamole and Salsa Vegetable Wraps
Ingredients for guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoned.
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- ½ a chilli deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander chopped
Ingredients for salsa:
- 3 tomatoes finely copped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander
- ½ a chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
Ingredients for the wraps:
- 1 zucchini cut into strips
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into long strips
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and cut into long strips
- Some lime wedges
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 flour tortillas
- Mix all the ingredients of salsa and let it rest for about 30 minutes to let the flavours seep in.
- Mash the avocados with lime juice to make the guacamole. Add tomatoes , garlic, onions and mix thoroughly.
- To make the wraps, grill the zucchini, peppers on a chargrill pan for 10-15 minutes, till they are soft.
- Spread one tablespoon of guacamole and salsa onto 2 tortillas . Add the grilled vegetables and wrap the tortilla.
- Grill the wrapped tortillas on each side for one minute.
- Garnish with coriander and lime wedges.