What are we cooking today?
Green Bean Casserole- a French-style Casserole made with green beans and chopped onion, which is further stirred into a mushroom soup and topped with grated cheese.
Having born and brought up in India, Green Bean Casserole was never my favorite until at a recent gathering where an aunt of ours substituted mushroom soup for sour sauce.
You see, we like things a bit more zingy than its bland counterpart, so this variation of Green Bean Casserole Indian Vegetarian recipe was quite a hit with us with its nice subtle taste and the much added palette.
Perfect for a quick meal on week nights, this is beans revisited.
Ingredients in Green Bean Casserole Recipe:
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup or you can make cream of mushroom soup and cool it before use
- 4 cups cooked green beans (steamed)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions
How to make Green Bean Casserole:
- In a casserole blend together soup, milk and pepper. Stir in your green beans and sprinkle about 2/3rd cup of fried onions. Bake this for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F and let it rest.
- Cool and top with the remaining 2/3rd cup of green beans. Now set it to bake again, until it has browned a bit.
- Serve warm.