It’s made with kachcha papeeta and is a healthy and delicious alternative to regular halwa. It’s good for patients also.
- 500 gm Kachcha Papeeta (Raw Papaya)
- 500 gm Gajar
- 250-300 gm Sugar or as per taste
- 1½-2 litre full cream milk
- 1 tsp Elaichi Powder (cardamom powder)
- 20-25 Kishmish
- 15-20 Kaju (cashew)
- 2-3 tsp Desi Ghee (as per needed)
- 1/4 cup grated Khoya (mawa)
1. Cut papeeta in two pieces, remove seeds and inner white layer and peel. Grate the papeeta and keep aside.
2. Scrape, wash and grate the gajar.
3. Lightly heat the heavy bottomed vessel.
4. Add and boil milk and after 1 boil add grated papeeta and gajar on a medium flame, stirring continuously otherwise milk stick on the bottom of pan or burn.
5. When the milk is fairly dry, add ghee and cook till ghee separates.
6. Add the sugar and cook for a some time or till ghee separates and water is dry and thick.
7. Add mawa and cook for a while and now add elaichi powder, kaju (cut in small pieces), kishmish (remove the stem) and mix.
8. Remove in serving dish.
9. Garnish with sliced almonds or pista and serve hot.
10. You can also store for 4-5 days. You can also make halwa only with papeeta.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time: 40 minutes