It sounded different when I started off with the preparation, potato in scrambled eggs; I had never tasted this combination. Well I definitely love scrambled eggs, and potato in any form is welcome too, but together as in potato-scrambled egg?! I just hoped it would taste the way I wanted it to taste. The reason they came together was that there were hardly enough eggs and potato in stock to make a dish individually, and I had to serve our in-house guests breakfast in time. So here I am giving you the recipe of the ‘Potato-scrambled egg’ dish, because it tasted awesome with bread, butter and coffee!
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- A few coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan; add the onions and sauté till pink.
- Add the potato and stir till it is cooked.
- Add the tomato and green chilli and stir till the tomato is cooked.
- Pour into it the beaten egg while stirring the contents well. This is done to break-up the egg into small/scrambled pieces.
- Add the salt and stir well. Put off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves, toss gently and serve.
- Sandwich the potato-scrambled egg in between the buttered bread and savour with a hot cup of coffee!
Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes