Like a beautiful bridal bouquet, the closely knit florets of the cauliflower with leaves decorating it, lay there tempting me to pick it up and hold it close. When I got home this thought came to my mind that I should make a different recipe with these florets, something of my own, not from a recipe booklet or elsewhere. With this urge the chef in me went on to make this recipe ‘Cauliflower-Pepper fry’. Bathed mainly with pepper powder and onions the dish has the touché of a unique flavour. As for the potatoes they never fail to add that special flavour to any dish they are a part of.Ingredients:
- 1 medium size Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 Potatoes –boiled, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 2 Onions – sliced round
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- ½ cup Curd –beaten/whipped well
- ½ tsp Garam masala/whole spice powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Add garam masala, beaten curd and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, the cauliflower, potato, pepper powder and salt. Stir and fry well.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put off flame and serve hot as a side dish with any main meal.
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes