After watching a series of Nigella Lawson episodes and her delectable desserts, I was inspired to make my own chocolate recipe. Although she uses caramel bars for this recipe, I chose to use irresistible dark chocolates. To give it an Indian twist, we sprinkled some roasted sesame seeds on these choco delights. These are great for the festive times ahead, and are easy-peasy too!
Crunchy Sesame (Til) Coated Chocolate Laddoos
Time taken: 45 min
- Dark chocolate: 2 slabs, 200 g each
- Unsalted butter: 1 tbsp
- Roughly crushed cornflakes: ½ cup
- Crushed cashewnuts and almonds: ¼ cup each
- Dry, roasted sesame seeds: 1/2 cup
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler.
- Add the butter to the melted chocolate and stir well. Take it off the heat.
- To this mixture, add the crushed cornflakes, cashews and almonds. Ensure that the mixture is thick.
- Spoon a little bit of the mixture on your palm and roll it into small balls. The butter helps the mixture stick.
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on the chocolate balls before refrigerating them.
- After 30 min, take them out of the refrigerator and your crunchy sesame-coated chocolate laddoos are ready to eat.