I was totally floored by the Stuffed Potol (Parwal in Hindi and Pointed Gourd in English) made by my Mom-in-law. She had made a stuffing of coconut and spices and she suggested we try out another version with paneer stuffing. The Potol is a favorite especially in Bengali homes with their variations of Potol Posto, Potol Er Dalna, Aloo Posto, Potol Bhaja, etc. Together my Mom-in-law and I made the paneer stuffed potol and it left us asking for more.
- ¼ kg Pointed Gourd (Potol)
- 200 gm Paneer (Cottage cheese)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- Peel the skin of the Potol and par-boil it in water and keep it aside
- In a bowl, mash the paneer, add salt, cumin powder, turmeric, chili powder, and coriander leaves and prepare a mixture and keep it aside
- Once the potol cools, nip off the ends, insert your finger to scoop out the seeds.
- Stuff the paneer mixture into the potol.
- Heat some oil in a pan and place the stuffed potol
- Cover the pan with a lid so that the potols cook well.
- Keep turning the potols every 5 minutes so that all sides cook evenly
- Serve hot with chapattis/rice
Preparation time: 30 minutes