I’ve always relished Egg Bhurji but ever since I’ve developed an allergy for eggs it’s become difficult for me to forego it and even more to watch others smack their lips as I simply watch them eat. My Mother said ‘Well, I’ll make you something that looks just the same and well comes pretty close to its taste’. And there it was, Paneer Bhurji. Just like Egg bhurji, it’s pretty easy to make and can be eaten with rice, chapattis and even as a filling in sandwiches. If there’s nothing enjoy it plain with a little ketchup!!
- 200 gm Paneer (Cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 100 gm Green peas
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Small Onion
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a pan, heat some oil and add the cumin seeds and chopped onions and fry till the onions turn pink.
- Grind the ginger garlic paste with the chilies
- Add this paste to the onions along with chopped tomatoes and green peas
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and little water so that all the masalas are well combined.
- Add grated paneer and stir till the paneer blends into the masala.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Preparation time: 15 minutes