It’s healthy, tasty and tempting
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (3 oz) cream cheese,diced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 5 tbsp cold water
- In a large pan saute the onions in the butter until tender. Stir in the chicken, chicken broth, garlic paste,seasoning,pepper and cream cheese.Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt and paprika rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface roll out the ball to 1/16 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps and cut more circles until the material is used up.
- Mound a heaping teaspoon of filling on half of each circle. Moisten edges with water and fold the round over filling to make a half moon shape. Press edges with a fork to seal.Roll them in besan. Prick tops with a fork for steam vents.
- Place the poppers on a baking sheet and bake at 190 degrees C for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time taken: 40 minutes