When you feel like preparing a light meal for dinner this is just the right one to serve. Will do good for breakfast or a Sunday brunch too! The green chilli spice that cuts through the bland strands of vermicelli is a tasty blend for a light and happy meal. You may add more veggies to the vermicelli and consider reducing the spice when serving this for kids.
- 200-250 gm Vermicelli
- Water 3 cups
- 3-4 pods of Garlic
- Onions 1 large
- 3-4 Green chillies
- Capsicum/green bell pepper
- Green peas ½ cup
- Beans 2-3
- Soya sauce ½ tsp
- Red or Green chilli sauce – ½ tsp
- White vinegar 1 tsp
- In a pan heat ghee and roast the vermicelli, till it turns brownish in colour. (If vermicelli is already roasted skip this step).
- Bring water to boil, then tip in the vermicelli and cook on low flame stirring continuously. When done drain and run under cold water.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté onions and green chillies. When onions turn brownish put in the vegetables and fry well. Cover with lid to cook for few minutes.
- Remove lid add the soya sauce, red/green chilli sauce, vinegar and salt. Stir well and tip in the cooked vermicelli.
- Toss gently to mix well and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
Green Tip: If you want the fresh and green look of the peas in the dish then boil them separately and add it in the second last step.