These savoury spinach pancakes, makes your breakfast give you a perfect, wholesome and nutritious start for the day. Spinach contains lots of ‘lutein’, the sunshine-yellow pigment found in dark green leafy vegetables and egg yolk. As per a recent health study, they suggest that, just a half cup of this kind of lutein-rich food daily guards against heart attacks. The good thing is that these protein rich foods also help the artery walls “shrug off” bad cholesterol. So go ahead right away and include this rich veggie to your diet!
- ½ cup freshly- chopped Spinach
- 1 cup milk/beaten yoghurt/2 eggs (any one)
- 1 cup Bengal gram flour(Besan)/ Black gram flour
- ¾ cup soya flour
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 de-seeded green chilli, finely chopped(optional)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp whole spice powder/garam masala
- Salt and red chilli powder to taste
- Olive/Mustard oil (can use any other veg. oil)
- 1 cup dosa batter (optional)
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a bowl and add dry ones except onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves and green chillies. Make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a griddle or a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat a little with oil and spoon the batter on pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the ingredients on the top looks cooked (you could also turn it over and cook it on both sides until done).
- Remove and serve with coriander or tomato chutney.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Preparation time: 35 minutes.