If you are not familiar with this vegetable- butternut squash is a cusp between a gourd and a pumpkin or somewhere close. And although it looks like a mix of two vegetable, butterbut squash has a very distinctive taste that is very apt for making soups and souffles.
And if you do not get it at your nearest grocery store, try a super market, like Hyper City and its likes. Its available.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok, heat butter and cook onions till translucent. Add butternut squash, stock, salt and pepper. Let it boil.
- Once the butternut is tender, sprinkle nutmeg and turn the heat off. Cool it for a while.
- When cooled, blend everything in a blender. Strain and serve warm or at room temperature.