Ever wondered what to do with the left over chapattis the next day? I’m sure you must have considering the changing appetites of family members or plain overestimation of the quantity of flour required. I had vague memories of eating chapatti laddoo made by my Mother and I always thought that that was a dessert in itself. But now since I’m faced with the same predicament of how to transform left over chapattis into something delicious, I confirmed with my Mother that ‘conversion’ was indeed the word. And your folks won’t even get to know that it’s yesterday’s dinner that has been converted as dessert today.
- 2-3 left over Chapattis
- Sugar- ½ bowl
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- 2-3 tsp – milk
- Roasted broken cashew – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Dry roast the chapattis in a pan on medium flame till they are crackling crisp
- After they cool, grind them with sugar, cardamom powder, ghee and cashew nuts in a grinder.
- Keep adding some milk drop by drop till you can roll the mixture into small balls/ laddoos
- Consume immediately or on the same day
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes 4-5 laddoos