Another Onam special recipe here today at Slurrpy, Pineapple Pachadi is an authentic Kerala dish that’ll keep you licking your fingers!
You see, in retrospect we were wondering that there are so many good things to eat in the world and be happy and yet we have terrorists. Imagine a terrorist moving through a field of pineapples and he gets diverted to make pachadi rather than killing? The world would have been such a great place to stay.
Anyway, bringing to you from the banana leaf plates, straight, here’s an authentic Kerala Cuisine that you’d really like to try.
- Pineapple– 1 cup
- Turmeric, powder– a pinch
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Yogurt – 2 cups, beaten
- Grinding ingredients:
- Shallots – 5
- Cumin, whole – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut -1/2 tsp
- Green chilies- 3
- For crackling:
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Whole Red Chilies– 2
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Mix together chopped pineapple, turmeric powder, mustard seeds, salt and water in a pan and cook. Remember to cook it on a low gas to prevent burning. You’ll need to cook it till it’s soft and pulpy.
- In a blender, blend together the grinding spices mentioned above and pour it to your cooking pineapple pulp.
- In a shallow pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and splutter the crackling ingredients till aromatic. Pour them in the cooking pineapple and stir.
- Mix in yogurt and let it cook for 1-2 minutes and let it rest.
- Your Pineapple Pachadi is ready.