Bitter Melon/Gourd is the most bitter of all vegetables. It’s a tropical vegetable and is widely grown in South,Southeast Asia, China, Africa, and the Caribbean. The Bitter Gourd might be almost detested by most but it’s a panacea for many ailments. It’s also used in cuisines across the world. It cures ailments such as:
- Blood impurities: Bitter gourd juice cures blood disorders like blood boils and itching due to toxemia. Its regular intake also cures psoriasis and other fungal infections like ring-worm and athletes feet.
- Cholera: Its juice is known to cure Cholera if taken in the early
- Immunity and energy: Regular consumption of bitter gourd juice improves energy and stamina level and increases resistance against diseases and infections.
- Insomnia: It cures insomnia and also sleeping patterns have been shown to be stabilized.
- Eye problems: The high beta-carotene in bitter gourd makes eases eye problems and improves eyesight.
- Hangover: It is an antidote for alcohol intoxication. It is also nourishes and repairs the liver damage caused due to alcoholism.
- Piles: The juice of bitter gourd taken in the morning with buttermilk on an empty stomach cures piles and constipation.
- Respiratory disorders: Its regular intake improves asthma, bronchitis and pharyngitis.
- Diabetes mellitus: Bitter Gourd is highly beneficial in lowering sugar levels in blood and urine without increasing blood insulin levels. It contains a hypoglycemic or insulin-like component, which lowers the blood and urine sugar levels. Its juice taken on an empty stomach works wonders in Diabetics.