• 1 cup – Grated coconut
• 1 ½ cup -Jaggery
• 2-3- Cardamom pods
• 1 cup -Rice flour
• 2 cups – Water
• pinch of salt
• 1tbsp – Oil ( preferably sesame /gingili oil)
• In a pan, put the coconut and jaggery and stir till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
• Add the cardamom powder and stir for another half a minute and let it cool
• In a pan bring two cups of water to a boil; add a pinch of salt and 3-4 drops of oil to the water.
• Once the water starts boiling, gradually add the rice flour.
• Stir continuously for 5 minutes on a low flame and then turn off the heat.
• After the dough cools, knead it well to remove lumps.
• Take some oil in a cup and grease your hands to make the kozhakattai.
• Take a lemon sized ball of the rice dough and shape it into a cup with your fingers.
• First slightly flatten the ball on your palm like a disk, place your thumbs at the center of the disk, and the fingers on the outside and shape like a cup by moving the dough between your fingers.
• Put a spoon of the sweet filling into the cups and seal it with the dough into the shape a shown in the picture.
• Steam cook the dumplings and serve.
Preparation time: 45 minutes