I got down to baking after a long time. And the entire process of whipping up the batter to sniffing the wonderful aroma that baking exudes, all left me rejuvenated. Since I have a weakness for chocolates and anything that has a chocolate flavor, it had to be one of those chocolate based recipes. I decided on Chocolate cake, my favorite and am sure every one else’s too. Since I had no eggs at home, I’ve made a vegan chocolate cake. It’s a very basic and quick Chocolate cake recipe without much fanfare and the one you can simply eat at tea time.
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whisk into a smooth batter
- Grease an eight-inch baking pan.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes at 300 degree F or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean
- Let it cool and then slice into pieces and serve.
Preparation time: 1 hr