A packet of sweet corn, milk, sugar and ghee is all it takes to bring about an awesome and exotic taste of sweetness. I prepared this halwa with the main intention of giving my daughter the benefit of nutrition’s in sweet corn. But then the halwa turned out so well that everyone started asking for more. The trick in this recipe is that the ingredients and method is just a few lines but the process for making it tests your patience. It takes a whole hour of your time to stir the halwa, till it reaches the required consistency. So keep your cool, prepare it and relish it warm!
- 3 cups of sweet corn cubes
- 2 tsp ghee
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp chironji/ Cuddapah almond.
- Boil the corn for ten minutes in minimum water.
- Cool and grind to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan and add the corn paste and milk.
- Stir to mix well and simmer till the mixture is dry. (It will change colour).
- Then add the sugar, stir and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the raisins and chironji/Cuddapah almond. Continue to stir and cook till the mixture becomes sticky.
- Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.
Preparation Time: 1 hour -10 minutes