Simple and nutritious, that this is John Abraham’s favorite isn’t surprising. And look at the flavors combined: they easily beat the meat to pulp.
Karela in Tomato Juice
- Bitter gourd (cored and soaked in warm water for at least 2 hours): 2 large
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Onion (chopped): 1 medium
- Tomato juice: 1 cup + more
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- In a wok, sauté onions and all spices until light brown.
- When cooled, stuff the the cored bitter gourds with the cooked filling and let it cook in tomato puree for at least 30 min under slow fire.
- That’s it! Ready and easy peasy.