Oh yeah! The very same Aloo Gobi or Gobi Aloo, which is quite a common dish, and still why am I posting it? Good question, well simple answer “I love the subzi and then again any subzi with Aloo in it is welcome”. Looks like I’m turning out to be one hell of a potato freak, though thankfully not much of a couch potato 😉
- Aloo/potato – 2 large (wash, peel and chop into medium pieces)
- Gobi/Cauliflower – 500 gm (wash and chop the florets whole)
- Onions – 1 large finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Amchoor powder/dry mango powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Green chillies 2-3
- Heat oil in pan tip in the cumin seeds, when they splutter put in the onions, and sauté till brown.
- Put in green chillies, salt and spice powders, except the dry mango powder.
- Fry and add in the vegetables. Toss the vegetables well in the masala.
- Cover with lid and allow it to cook on low flame for about 15 minutes. No water to be added.
- When veggies are done garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 30 minutes