A quick bread made with dried dates infused in black tea and cocoa!
- All purpose Flour- 3/4th cup
- Cocoa Powder- 1/4th cup
- Baking powder- 1 Tbs
- Baking Soda- 1 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Cinnamon powder- ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence- 1 Tbs
- Granulated Sugar- ½ cup
- Black tea- 1 cup
- Eggs- 2
- White Oil- 1 cup (you can also use butter instead of oil)
- Dates: de-seeded and chopped- ½ cup
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and oil. Keep it aside.
- Put the chopped dates in the black tea and boil this for 2 minutes. Leave it to cool.
- Now fold in the flour mixture with the egg mixture slowly with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Add the dates with tea in the egg and flour mixture and fold in slowly.
- Add the vanilla in the cake batter.
- Now preheat your OTG or convection micro oven in 180 degrees .
- Grease and flour a loaf tin and put the batter in that.
- Put the tin in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. The baking time depends on the oven. My oven took 65 minutes to bake this loaf
- Check the loaf with a skewer, if it comes out clean; the loaf is done.
- Take the loaf out from the tin and place it on a wired rack for cooling.
Recipe Contributed By:
Dwaipayan Dhar Chowdhury
Time Taken: 60 minutes