- 3/4th cup skinless dried black beans (urad)
- 4 cups Flour (atta)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 1tbsp anise seeds (Saunf)
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp white cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp red chili powder
- 1/4th tsp asafoetida powder
* Soak the beans in water overnight then rinse and drain.
* Sift the flour and gradually add enough water to make soft dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
* Grind the drained beans with the chili powder, salt and spices to make stuffing. Mix well and divide it into 16 equal portions.
* Divide the dough into 16, using wet hands, and smear each portion with a little oil.
* Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
* Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smooth ball, using greased hands.
* Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
* Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
* Now lift the rolled kachori and carefully slip it into the hot oil.
* Immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
* This should take only a few seconds. Flip the kachori over and cook the other side until golden brown.Serve the dal kachori hot with chutney.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time Taken: 15 minutes