A recipe to celebrate the republic day….!!!
- Potatoes – 4 medium sized
- Carrots – 3 large ones
- Spinach – 2 bunches
- Cream – 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves – 3 medium sized
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – As per taste
CARROT MASH FRY:-
- Boil water in a cooker with a pinch of salt and add the carrots and cook till the soften.
- Mash the carrots. Then add the flour,salt,red chilly powder and black pepper and mix all them properly and set aside for 5 min.
- Heat oil in a pan , spoon balls of the carrot mixture and fry them.
- Place them on a tissue paper and set aside.
- Boil water in a cooker with a pinch of salt and add the potatoes and cook till the soften.
- Mash the potatoes. Then add the salt,butter and black pepper and mix all them properly and set aside for 5 min.
- Place the potato mash in a baking dish and bake it for 10 min.
- Cut the spinach into very small sizes so that it almost becomes a mash while cooking.
- Grate the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the grated garlic let to get light brown then add the spinach,black pepper and salt and fry.
- When it looks done add 1 teaspoon of cream and cook it again. Remove it in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the onion very finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and salt and fry them till golden brown.
- Add the rest of the cream and let it shimmer.
- In a baking dish, coat its bottom with little butter.
- Place the spinach mash first in a smooth layer.
- Top the spinach with the mashed potato and pour the creamy gravy on top to of the mashed potato.
- Finally place the fried carrot balls on top and bake the whole thing for 2 min. And walla…!!!!
- I had it with garlic bread.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time: 30 – 35 min