Quick as a wink, before you think
As the clock chimes, all in no time
Picked out of few, just for you
To sing a new song…the ‘potatoes-sing-song’!
- 5-6 potatoes – boiled, peeled and cut into medium size pieces
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder (optional)
- ½ tsp kasuri methi/fenugreek leaves
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and tip in the fennel seeds. Then add the red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder and salt. Fry the powders a little do not burn it.
- Now put in the potato pieces and toss well in masala till it is well coated.
- Then crush the kasuri methi leaves over the potato pieces and toss well.
- Since the potatoes are already boiled there is no need for cooking but the potatoes need to brown well before taking it off the flame.
- So toss in intervals till almost all sides of the potato has browned.
- Sprinkle amchur powder and toss again, just before taking off the potato.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes