One of the finest of soups and a certain attraction to Ranbir’s taste-buds, here’s the paya soup recipe.
- Paya- 12
- Onions- 4
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Green chilly- 2
- Tomato- 1
- Ghee (clarified butter)-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Whole Wheat Flour- 2 tbsp
- Garam masala pdr- 11/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
The Pressure cooker part –
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil.
- When the oil smokes, add onions and fry well.
- When the onions are browned, add to the onions ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and pre washed paya. Fry the mixture well for about 15-20 mins.
- When you see the paya is fried, add green chilly, tomato, about 10 cups of water and close the pressure cooker lid. You will require one whistle.
- After a whistle, cook on open lid for about 45-50 minutes.
The Kadhai part –
- Heat ghee. Crackle cumin seeds, fenugreek, ginger-garlic paste, about a teaspoon of coriander powder, red chili powder and wheat flour.
- Fry the mix until aromatic.
- Now, bring in the boiled paya to the kadhai, add garam masala and boil for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread, sheermal or roti.