Okay! We have heard about it, we have seen it, we have on countless occasion faked that we like it when the truth is we didn’t quite make it right and we hated it.
Risotto has spread beyond its Tuscan birth place in leaps and bounds and is now visible throughout the world, in little bowls, from Arizona to Taipei. And hence when we wanted to do something different for dinner on an otherwise mundane day, Risotto seemed to be the best option for us! Solely because we didn’t quite make it right the previous few attempts!
This we assure is fail proof. Enjoy!
- Arborio rice: 2 cups
- butter: 1 tbsp
- Olive oil
- Water: 4 cups
- Chicken broth cubes: 2
- Onion, Garlic Cloves: 1, 1, and 1 packet respectively
- White wine: 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese: 1/4th cup, grated
- Fresh parsley, salt & pepper
- In a pan, toast rice for about 5-6 minutes in 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Please do not use more than this as this would spoil it.
- In another pan, boil water and chicken cubes. When well boiled and mix, add this to rice without stirring.
- Place lid on and on low heat leave it for 13- 14 minutes.
- In a wok, fry garlic, onion and butter in olive oil. (Yes, both garlic and butter). Once sauteing is done add mushrooms and wine. At this point, stir through cheese.
- Turn off heat and let it sit.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan.