Here in this recipe the bells of the capsicum are stuffed with mashed potato and then cooked. Every bite brings with it the tasty flavour of the stuffing. The stuffing has to be prepared with just the right pinch of spice as that’s what adds the taste to the dish. If other bell peppers like the red or yellow ones are available the same recipe can be prepared with those too. For a variation in the filling try out the recipe with cottage cheese stuffed capsicum, recipe courtesy “Stuffed capsicum” on this blog.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3-4 capsicums/green bell peppers
- 2 potatoes – boiled and peeled
- 1 onion – chopped fine
- ½ tsp turmeric powder(optional)
- 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp spice powder/garam masala
- ½ tsp Amchoor powder/dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil (just enough to shallow fry)
- Slice neatly the stock of capsicum in such a manner that it makes a lid like shape. Then core the capsicums and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes well and add to it turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt, amchoor powder and onion. Mix well.
- Now put this mix as a stuffing into the cored bell peppers and cover it with the sliced off lid.
- Heat oil in a pan and place these stuffed bell peppers to cook for about 15-20 mins.
- Keep turning the capsicums in intervals as they need to cook on all sides.
- When done place (capsicum) lid on them and serve hot as an accompaniment with any main meal.
Preparation Time: 40-45 minutes