Making the soy flour if you do not have soy flour ready.
Ingredients in Soya Beans Chapati:
- mature soybeans, debris removed
Procedure to make Soya Beans Chapati:
- Soak the soy beans for 8 hours and check their volume. Since they soak, keep adding water.
- After about 8 hours, spread beans on a single sheet on baking tray lines with baking paper and bake the beans at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. This stage needs to be constantly monitored as you wouldn’t want to burn them.
- Now, cool for a while and grind in a blender as fine as you want.
To make the chapati –
- Add water and a pinch of salt to soy flour. Mix well and knead it into a soft dough.
- Using your hand, make small discs of about 15 cm of diameter. Why we say using your hand because at times its too soft to use a rolling pin. It might just get stuck.
- A very easy way to take the dough and place in onto a sheet of polythene.
- With your fingers, keep flattening the orb into a disc on the polythene and then transfer it into a hot griddle.
- Roast them on an open pan like a chapati and serve warm.