Grab a snack and relax, is just the thought on a lazy weekend! Well here’s one recipe to keep those snack times hot, crunchy and tasty. Known for its nutrition benefits, Soya bean is used for preparing gravies and side dishes, now go on to add it on your snack list too! As you bite into the piping hot soya bean fries the crispy exterior leads to a soft and spicy interior. I would like to share a tip here, be patient while frying the batter. The soya bean fries need to be cooked well, so while frying you will need to keep the flame low, and turn the fries on both sides to cook well.
Soya Bean Fries
- 1 cup Soya beans
- ¼ cup Urad dal(split black gram)
- 1-2 onions(chopped fine)
- 2-3 green chillies
- A few curry leaves (fried in very little oil just like when seasoning a dish)
- Very few Fenugreek seeds(10 maybe)
- Salt to taste
- Soak together soya beans, urad dal and fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Grind to a smooth thick paste, adding very little water as and when needed, while grinding.
- Mix well and put in chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, curry leaves (just crush lightly) and salt.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and drop in a tablespoon of batter for deep frying. (use tissue to absorb excess oil)
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes