The chill of winter makes you crave for food that rich and heavy. I had made some vegetable pulav last night for dinner and wanted to make some rich curry to go with it. I had some mushrooms and cottage cheese and decided to make a thick rich gravy for it. I’ve also added some green peas and have called the dish Shahi Muttar-Mushroom-Paneer Curry. ‘Shahi’ meaning ‘royal’ because the gravy has a good quantity of ground cashew nuts. So enjoy this rich delicious curry without giving a thought to calories.
Shahi Mutter Mushroom Paneer
- 250 gm cottage cheese/ paneer
- 250 gm green peas
- 250 gm button mushroom
- 200 gm cashew nuts, soaked in little milk
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger – garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup water
- A few strands of saffron
- 2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 green chilies
- 10 raisins
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- In a pan, heat some ghee and fry the chopped onions till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, and salt and stir well
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook the tomatoes well.
- Add green peas, paneer and mushroom along with ½ cup water and cover the lid of the pan till the peas and mushroom are cooked
- Disslove saffron and flour in a cup of milk
- Grind the cashew nuts with a little milk and mix it with the saffron mixture
- Add this mixture to the peas, mushroom and paneer and stir well till the mixture thickens.
- Add raisins and chopped coriander and stir again
- Serve hot with Pulav/rotis.
Preparation time: 30 minutes