One of the most sought after recipes is the Sabz-e-Nawabi. A great main course of the Indian Cuisine that goes great with boiled rice or roti. If you have the patience for this, as I did, you will definitely not regret your attempt. Go for it!
Time taken: 60 min
Ingredients to make the paste:
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Chopped onion: 1
- Chopped tomato: 1
- Blanched cashewnuts: 1/4 cup
- Blanched almonds: 1/4 cup
- Curd: 1/2 cup
Ingredients to make curry:
- Ghee: 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped onion: 1
- Finely chopped green capsicum: 1/2
- Finely chopped tomato: 1
- Blanched mixed vegetables
- Garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Ginger paste: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 2 tsp
- Milk-cream: 4 tbsp
- Vegetable stock: as required
- Salt to taste
Method for paste:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and saute.
- Then add the chopped onion and cook till it is transculent.
- Once the onion is cooked, add tomatoes to it. Cook tomatoes till it starts leaving oil from the sides.
- Lastly, add blanched cashewnuts and almonds.
- Saute it for 2 min. Turn off the flame.
- After cooling, make a fine paste of the mixture.
- Then, add the curd in the paste and grind it in a blender.
- Make a smooth paste of this.
- Keep it aside for making the curry.
Method for curry:
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the onions and fry till it changes it is transculent.
- Then add the chopped capsicum, ginger paste, garlic paste and saute it for 1 min.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes to the mixture.
- Cook till the mixture starts leaving oil from the sides.
- Add the paste and the blanched vegetables to the mixture.
- Saute it for 3-4 min.
- Add the spices, milk-cream and salt to taste.
- Adjust the consistency by adding the vegetable stock and cover the pan with lid.
- Let it cook for further 5 min on low flame.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and fresh cream for garnish and serve.